Finally some peace tonight

When I came home tonight it was to an empty appartment.
I was glad. In the 18 years of my life I cannot remember a time when I came home and it was so peaceful. So quiet, so silent... everything was so still.

My head was spinning of a foreign excitement when I turned the key in the lock and opened that door. All I saw was darkness. No TV was running, no computer was turned on. There were no familiar footsteps to be heard. Everything was still and I could feel the peace flowing from those rooms right through me, a feeling I have never felt before when I entered a house.

When I turned on the kitchen lights everything was a mess, but I didn't care. When I went into the livingroom the floor was covered with random stuff lying around with no purpose, I didn't care. In the bedroom the bedsheets were torn off and thrown on the floor and the table was filled with dishes that didn't belong there, I still didn't care.
The house was mine for the night, and mine alone.

It's so strange, being in this messed up appartment, and yet feel so calm and peaceful. I actually look forward to tomorrow when I can clean everything, without the mocking eyes of my family or any other person watching my every move. Without TV blasting its soundwaves through my brain, without the presence of any other being around me.

All alone and yet I feel good. I don't feel any loneliness. I just feel a time, short as it may be, in which I can think quietly and talk with my Lord. Some quiet time, finally.
I hope to be able to spend these hours I have thinking about my future, discussing about my future, questioning my next move in life.

I am grateful for this peaceful feeling that has come over me tonight, and I hope you, my dearest readers, will experience it as well sometime. May not be by entering an empty house, lol... probably won't be, but I hope you'll experience it. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment