Proconsul Concert - with Liviu Bocaneala and Cornel Olar

I just realized, it's Thursday and I haven't updated about the concert yet. :O
Silly me!! >.<
Well, it was a great concert :D I couldn't say it any other way.

When we arrived at the Student's Cultural House the guys inside were setting everything up for the Proconsul band. The usual, microphones, speakers, instruments, etc.
After a little talk with some people Cornel, my brother in law, and Liviu, guy Cornel plays with, started setting their own stuff up on the stage.
It was an amusing sight, because Cornel had brought his smaller amplifier and it looked so funny next to those huge speakers!! xD

After they finished setting their stuff up we (Cornel, Shari, my older sister, and me) went to the mall to the foodcourt to meet my mother, my younger sister and another guy. Wasn't such a great experience in there. 
You see, I love the foodcourt in that mall. They have nothing but awesome food (except for the pork, yuck!) and it smells so great in there to all the different kinds of food :D But now obviously I couldn't eat almost anything from there...
Once I came in there I felt the tears come up in my eyes. I kept fighting to keep them back, and it worked for about 10 minutes. But when Shari and I went to pick out our own food I couldn't hold it anymore. 
I started crying, and it was stupid because I didn't know why exactly I was crying. I shouldn't have been crying. I knew I couldn't eat all the stuff and I was alright with it. But still I cried... without wanting to.

My sister comforted me, saying it'll be alright. Then we got our food anyway and we went back to the table. I had stopped crying, but when my mother and younger sister had left to buy their tickets for the concert Cornel came to comfort me as well and I started crying again. It was hard to keep it back and when looked at the icecream Shari had bought me (I'm allowed 2 icecreams a week) I started crying again and I had to leave the table.
It was strange, I just couldn't eat that icecream. Two of Shari's friends who had accidentally bumped into us must've thought I'm nuts, lol. The weird girl who cries just by looking at her icecream. xD
I went to the bathroom and sat there locked inside one of the booths. I had to calm down fast because the concert had to start in about 10 minutes and Cornel and Liviu had to play after the first band. I grabbed my phone and signed into skype so Noobie (my nickname for him) could calm me down. He wasn't at his computer but just seeing him online stopped me from crying.
Then my sister came in and stayed with me for about 5 minutes after which we got up and left cause we were already late.

I was fine after, I had a headache, but that's normal with me. I always have headaches lately, something to do with my condition, idk. :P
But I was better, I was fine once we got out of that foodcourt. I could even eat my icecream, and GAWD was it GOOD!!! xD

Once we got to the concert hall (Shari and I got in for free, buahaha!) Cornel went backstage and my sister and me found seats next to my mother and younger sister.
The first band was alrightish. I didn't catch only their last song since we were late. They didn't manage to get too much movement out of the crowd though, but that's not unusual when the crowd is sitting in chairs.
Then it was Cornel and Liviu who came on stage, and they were marvelous again. :D 
Cornel with his little amplifier, so funny xD But the sound was good. :)
They played their Jacob's Song at the end and that brought good movement out of the crowd and they even yelled BIS BIS afterwards! So they played another song and everybody got their mobile phone's out and waved with them through the air, lol. It was funny. :P
Later, after the concert, the lead singer from the Proconsul band approached Cornel and told him that his Jacob's song was so awesome and that they should do some projects together sometime. It was a really amazing offer since Proconsul is pretty known in Romania. :)

After Cornel and Liviu played the Proconsul Band came on stage and they gave a marvelous concert. :D I had never seen or heard from them before (I don't really keep track of many bands or musicians anymore these days) but they were very good, and they got very good response from the crowd - especially from Cornel, who joined us, Shari and me, we were jumping up and down, lol - and they sang many worship songs and you could see that they were really worshipping on stage. 
The lead singer, I think his name is Bodo, was having so much fun and you could just feel his enthusiasm. It was really great.
They sang a lot of songs. I knew some of them, because they were from other artists, but some of them were from Proconsul themselves, and they were also really good. Cornel obviously knew them because he was singing along as loud as he could, lol.

In the end it was a good concert, and I had fun. :) And I'm really happy I could go along in the end. :D
My weekend was good, I hope yours was good as well. ;)

3 comments:

Post a Comment