The 8th of March

I wake up to the sound of my ringtone. Not unusual, since my friend always calls me to tell me to wake up and come to school! Everytime the same conversation.


Her: What you doing?
Me: At home...
Her: Coming to school?
Me: Meh, I don't know...
Her: Come on, come to school, it's so boring!
Me: (sigh) Alright, I'll be there in an hour.


However, today it was slightly different, with a pleasent surprise. :)


Her: Coming to school?
Me: Meh, I don't know...
Her: Come on! I got flowers and you'll get something too, just come!
Me: OK :D


Lol... at first I didn't know why she got flowers, and I didn't realise the date. It was the 8th of March! The day in honor of the woman.


So, I arrived at school and my friend shows me the flowers. They're those small white flowers that are the symbol of spring. Then another girl comes up to me and gives me a little box with a small porselain angel inside holding a little blue giftbox. It was sweet of her, and I was glad I got something, since usually I never get anything. It was a pleasent surprise. :)


After school, my friend and I walked down the street, and everywhere there were people selling flowers. Everywhere beautiful bouquets!
Everywhere you looked you could see boyfriends and husbands walk around with flowers in their hands to give to their loved one.


Beautiful day, full of surprises :)
This lady was selling her flowers at an exceptionally cheap price.
photo by Jana Weyts

2 comments:

  • Anonymous | 8 March 2011 at 18:26

    Awww thats really cute. Maybe I'll do some flower shopping of my own today... hehe

    I'm glad you had such a beautiful day, we all need that =p

  • Deepika | 8 March 2011 at 18:51

    Wow. Looks like someone had a nice day.
    And I agree, we all do need that :)

Post a Comment