Distractions

I love the night. It's magical, it's romantic, exciting; it's a time
when horror stories are told with a flashlight for extra scary
effects. As I said, the night is magical. :)

However, as much as I love the night I also fear it.
Whenever I see the twilight outside my window I dread the moments
before I fall asleep. It's because of those thoughts; they keep my
mind clear awake while the rest of my being suffers from exhaustian.
Stress is loving the sight of my torture; causing pain for sport. It
fills my head with phrases like "You'll never finish that project in
time, your ideas suck, hardy har har!!"; keeps me awake for hours.

At a certain point it got so bad that I started having mild panic
attacks. I would start tossing and turning violently in my bed, tears
would flow down my cheeks and create wet spots on my pillow...

After a while I found a way to avoid those situations as much as
possible and just fall asleep peacefully:
Distractions!

At first they weren't very good distractions. I would stay awake until
I eventually passed out.
I'm stupid I know, lol.
Then, however, I figured out a faster and better way. My phone's
screen is so bright - even at the lowest brightness - that it would
exhaust my eyes in record time. I would play games or browse the net
for pictures. Then, after my eyes were tired I would listen to a
number of songs which would make me fall asleep.
Distractions of the mind. ;)
Once you figure out how you can distract yourself you'll be fine most
of the time. :)

1 comments:

  • Anonymous | 4 March 2011 at 02:33

    I do the same thing at night on my phone, only I downloaded netflix on my iphone and i watch instant tv shows on it. Or on hulu.com. Kiddy shows put me right to sleep-I've been watching hey arnold every night. Also, if you really can't sleep, Melatonin helps a lot. I have a bottle of chewable melatonin(thanks trader joes) and they really make you drowsy :)

Post a Comment