The long road ahead...

photo by Jana Weyts
Sometimes I stop and think there is so much in life that we have to deal with. Joy, suffering, happiness and pain... they start to pop up everywhere and change everything. It's rather exciting, I think, to see how emotions just meddle with everything turning our lives into the unexpected.

The way I see it it's a journey. A journey on a road which lies ahead of us constantly, never to turn and step in the other direction again.

Funny thing is that so many people see that endless road in front of them, so they start walking as fast as they can. They try to get as fast as possible at their destination, which they set themselves; money, fame, the perfect job, the perfect house. They try to find shortcuts and step off the road into the tall grass without realizing they're missing one of the most magical things in this world... those moments in life that make the journey worthwhile.

I'm one of those people. I just walk and walk... or I just stop and sit and refuse to go any further. Not a smart thing to do, I know, lol...
Crazy thing is that I know all the facts. I know that I miss out on so much just cause I keep my eyes focused on what I want to happen in the future. I'm doing it wrong! lol :P
I'm gonna try to change it though. I'm gonna try to go slower and look around for a change. I'm gonna pay attention to what I see around me and who's paths cross with my own. I'm going to stop at a crossroads and think about where I'm going. Stop and think, girl... stop and think.

Eventually things will turn out the way they're supposed to. I guess some call that destiny. :P
I believe in destiny, to be honest. But I believe that you can choose your own destiny. You choose the path you want to take, and the path you choose has it's own destiny. Makes sense to me. :P

1 comments:

  • Anonymous | 1 March 2011 at 23:48

    I know just what you're talking about when you say life is a journey. For some people its even harder when they have Panic Disorder and the road they were walking on disappears. Read my blog to see the journey they take.

Post a Comment